Epilepsy & Buccal Midazolam
Epilepsy & Buccal Midazolam – Half Day Course.
This course looks at the background, causes, treatment and forms of epilepsy. It includes both partial/focal and generalised seizures and has video content to help facilitate seizure recognition. In addition, the session covers emergency aid when a seizure occurs, status epilepticus and the protocols for the administration of oromucosal (buccal) midazolam.
Epilepsy, Buccal Midazolam course includes:
- About Epilepsy
- Causes of Epilepsy
- Partial/focal seizures, including Temporal Lobe, Frontal Lobe, Parietal Lobe, Occipital Lobe
- Generalised Seizures, including Tonic Clonic, Tonic, Atonic, Myoclinic, Absence Seizures
- What to do when someone has a seizure
- Status Epilepticus
- First Aid in the event of seizures
- Types of medication and treatments
- Epistatus® administration
- The administration of oromucosal midazolam