Administration of Meds
Administration of Medication – Half Day Training Course
This course gives learners the knowledge to help them to safely and effectively assist with, or administer, medication in a care or support setting. If delivered in-house, the course can be tailored to include the policies, procedures and protocols specific to an individual organisation.
This half-day course includes;
- What is a drug? What is a medicine?
- Legal categories of medicines
- Types and contents of prescriptions
- Pharmacy medication labels
- The laws regarding the administration of medicines
- Understanding administration directions
- Liquid medications (storage and safe administration)
- Policies for administration (inc. not administering from family prepared containers etc.)
- Drug crushing and covert medication (including legal and medical implications)
- Systemic and topical medicines, including administration of topical medicines
- Administration via P.E.G. and other routes
- Non-prescription medicines including herbal; dangers, contraindications and side effects
- The 7 rights of administration
- Practical guidance on the giving of medicines
PLEASE CALL 0333 241 2626 TO BOOK THIS COURSE.