Monday 12th August 2019
(9am – 12.30pm)
This half day course looks at the background, causes, treatment and forms of epilepsy. It includes both partial/focal and generalised seizures and has video content to help facilitate seizure recognition. In addition, the session covers emergency aid when a seizure occurs, status epilepticus and the protocols for the administration of oromucosal (buccal) midazolam.
This course includes:
- About Epilepsy
- Causes of Epilepsy
- Partial/focal seizures, including Temporal Lobe, Frontal Lobe, Parietal Lobe, Occipital Lobe
- Generalised Seizures, including Tonic Clonic, Tonic, Atonic, Myoclinic, Absence Seizures
- What to do when someone has a seizure
- Status Epilepticus
- First Aid in the event of seizures
- Types of medication and treatments
- Epistatus® administration
- The administration of oromucosal midazolam
This half day course is £30.00 + VAT Per Person.
Please contact the Key Training Academy on 0333 241 2626 to book and pay, or email firstname.lastname@example.org